Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

send condition information through eventmarker

Posted by haoran 
send condition information through eventmarker
March 19, 2020 06:28PM
Dear Jaewon,
I want to send the current condition number information through eventmarker to a recording system. Could you give me some hints how to achieve that in timescripts? Right now I have sent eventmarkers for start/end of trial, scene 1/2 onset, and rewards. The conditions are under one block, and are played in a random sequence. I want the recording system to have this information, so that I can run online analysis, eg. average trials from same condition.
Thanks!
Best,
Haoran
Re: send condition information through eventmarker
March 20, 2020 11:30AM
You can send any number anytime. See the eventmarker function.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_RuntimeFunctions.html#eventmarker
March 22, 2020 02:31PM
Thanks!
I think my question is how I can get the information of current condition, and then send it. I know how to send with eventmarker, but don't know how to get the condition info in each trial online.
Please advice! Appreciated!
March 22, 2020 06:01PM
March 23, 2020 08:04AM
It is better to use Jaewon's method of simply reading the Trial structure, but if you or someone involved is insistent on the information being recorded by the ephys machine along with the data, you can send eventmarkers matching the condition number + 100. I use this, and have a step in my code that cross references the condition table collected via the trial record structure with that generated by looking at the recorded eventmarkers.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.