Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Connection Test failing while establishing TCP/IP protocol.

Posted by Somesh 
Connection Test failing while establishing TCP/IP protocol.
March 23, 2022 08:38AM
Hi,
I have been trying to establish TCP/IP connection from ISCAN to ML.
I followed all the procedures mentioned on the ML Documentation site. However, upon performing the connection test, the result shows up as "Failed". (also sometimes despite clicking multiple times on 'Connection Test' icon ML does not take any action, I have to close the entire ML window again and re-enter the IP details.)
I had ensured that I have inserted the correct IP address as both systems were able to transfer the data (confirmed it by pinging the IP Address of each system). However, I am unsure about the IP port number, I tried to use all possible conventional IP port numbers but the connection test was failing.
Please correct me if I am wrong, from what I have known to date is that each application can have a unique (or within a certain range) IP port number to establish a secure data transfer, so is there any predefined or specific port number designated to ML? If yes please let me know.

Please assist me regarding this issue, or any other parameters I should check to perform the TCP/IP operation.
Re: Connection Test failing while establishing TCP/IP protocol.
March 23, 2022 10:30AM
ISCAN's protocol is UDP, not TCP. Check if the firewall of your NIMH ML computer is open to the inbound UDP traffic.

Applications talk through whatever port you tell them to use. Make it sure to put the same port number on both sides.

FYI, NIMH ML does not talk back to ISCAN in this UDP communication, so the IP address typed in NIMH ML is never used. The recent NIMH ML version does not have the IP address field in the menu.
Re: Connection Test failing while establishing TCP/IP protocol.
April 05, 2022 02:59AM
Hi,
Thank you for the information, your suggestions worked out.
Till now I was assuming it was a TCP protocol for setting up firewall inbound rule.

Thank you again.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.