Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Touch on tablet are not correctly registered

Posted by Maria-ChiaraV 
Touch on tablet are not correctly registered
October 27, 2021 08:44AM
Good Afternoon,

I have a problem with correct registration of touch from the subject's second screen (a tablet). Basically, during the task some touches are correctly recorded and some others are not. Generally if I touch multiple times the target image at some point I get the registration on ML, but since reaction times are critical to my experiment I would like to fix this error. Maybe you have some tips for me.

Following other similar topic on the Forum I have updated to the latest version my ML (the 27/10 version) and I have disabled the ITI recording. However, I still have difficulties.

Thank you,
Maria-Chiara
Re: Touch on tablet are not correctly registered
October 27, 2021 09:18AM
That does not make sense. Try testing touch in the [I/O Test] menu or with the "task\runtime v2\24 touch marker" example.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_IOTest.html
October 27, 2021 10:15AM
Thank you for the reply,

Yes I've already tested touch in the I\O test and it works correctly. The problem is just when task is running: sometimes, but not all the time, the touch is not recorded, unless I touch it multiple times, (sometimes even not so). Moreover, I have sometimes a little delay in the video presentation in subject screen. I use a wireless connection between monitors, maybe is not the best way to do it?
October 27, 2021 12:04PM
Are you talking about Miracast? Please try a wired connection and see if it makes any difference.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.