drifting grating only during fixation
December 28, 2020 05:58PM
Hi,
I have recently switched from using the original monkeylogic to the NIMH version, and I am intrigued but curious about the use of adapters. I am interested in creating a simple task which uses drifting gratings to manually lfind the location of receptive fields. Ideally, the subject would hold fixation, the stimulus would appear as long as the fixation is held, and then the subject would be rewarded for continuing to hold fixation.

Is there an easy way to modify example 15, the grating receptive field mapper (which utilizes "Grating_RF_Mapper.m"), so that the grating is triggered by fixation, and a reward is given after fixation?

The "fixation_timer.m" example script, centered around TimerDemo.m, is close to what I want, but so far I have been unable to turn off the stimulus after the fixation has ended, and the reward only is given after the task has ended. It is very unclear to me what lines of code in TimerDemo.m actually draw the stimuli when fixation is held, so if you could point to them that would be very useful, as well.

Thanks,
Seth
Re: drifting grating only during fixation
December 29, 2020 12:33PM
I think the "task\runtime v2\18 multi-input tracking 2" is probably what you want, but I realized that it worked only in the simulation mode so modified it slightly. Try the attached task.
December 29, 2020 04:29PM
Hi Jaewon,
Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, this worked well for me today.

Seth
January 20, 2021 11:23AM
Hi Seth,

I was wrong. The "task\runtime v2\18 multi-input tracking 2" task was fine as it was. What you needed was a way to hide the mouse cursor in order not to distract the subject. Please update your NIMH ML and see the "task\runtime v2\18 multi-input tracking 2" task.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.