Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

User defined Blocks

Posted by mlanzilo 
User defined Blocks
October 30, 2020 07:18AM
Dear all,
I am building my own task with condition file + timing script v1.
I am creating a delayed match-to-sample (DMS) task with the sample stimulus position randomized within the visual field. During the delay phase, I am adding a button whose pressing (meaning: "yes, I saw the sample stimulus") allows to go to the choice phase. Let's assume the subject has a lesion in a small region of the visual cortex, it could be that he/she will not be able to detect the sample stimulus. There is a way through which I could "change the task flow" just in a specific region of the visual field? In other words, when the sample stimulus falls in that specifi region of the visual field, no botton pressing is necessarly requested for going in the next choice phase.
Hope my question is clear. Do not hesitate to request information.
Thanks in advance
Marco
Re: User defined Blocks
October 30, 2020 10:05AM
This is a general programing question and you are supposed to figure this out yourself.

You know where you are presenting the sample, so you can just skip the button response checking when you present the stimulus at a particular position.
Re: User defined Blocks
November 05, 2020 07:21AM
Thanks!
I solved it!

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.