Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Accessing behavioral code times during the trial

Posted by RN8JR 
Accessing behavioral code times during the trial
October 14, 2020 07:54PM
Is there a way to access behavioral code times during a trial?

For example, consider a situation in which you have two consecutive WaitThenHold adapters within a Sequential adapter and want to find the reaction time for the saccade between two points to determine whether to deliver a reward or not (fast saccades are rewarded, slow ones are not). The reaction time for WaitThenHold #2 (wth2.RT) is not accurate since it is measured from the start of the scene, and not from the start of wth2 (or at least it seems that way based on my testing). However, if you could access the behavioral code time sent by the Sequential adapter as it moves into WaitThenHold #2, you could use that time along with wth2.AcquiredTime to accurately estimate reaction time. Alternatively, is there a different way to find the time at which the second WaitThenHold is started without relying on behavioral codes?
Re: Accessing behavioral code times during the trial
October 15, 2020 05:20PM
wth2 is supposed to return the RT measured from the start of wth2, so this is my mistake. Please update your NIMH ML. Thank you for letting me know this.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.