Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deliver multiple sounds while running an ImageGraph adapter

Posted by Xuanyu 
Deliver multiple sounds while running an ImageGraph adapter
June 11, 2020 08:57AM
Hello, Jaewon!

We have created an adapter that changes the position of an ImageGraph object with a running wheel feedback. Now we want to give some sound feedback while this adapter is not terminated. It may require running a Stimulator and our custom adapter at the same time, and the Stimulator needs to read a property from our custom adapter to initiate the sound.

We tried to link these two adapters in a chain, i.e. the Stimulator as parent; but it doesn't work well. It seems that the parent adapter can only be triggered when the child finishs. Do you have any suggestion for how to achieve our goal? Thank you!
Re: Deliver multiple sounds while running an ImageGraph adapter
June 11, 2020 07:30PM
Aren't you working with Daniel? If I remember correctly, you guys already have a solution for this.

What Daniel wanted was continuous sound feedback of which frequency changed according to the wheel position. That kind of control is not possible with NIMH ML alone, because resetting NI analog output takes too long.
June 16, 2020 03:40PM
Dear Jaewon:

You're definitely right, I'm working with Daniel now. I know we have a (rather complex) solution to it, but what I want to do is simply send an electrical stimulation via analog output. It would be much easier if the analog output can be sent within a running adapter while displaying the visual object. Is it possible for me to send multiple pulses to the DAQ device within one single adapter?
June 17, 2020 12:29AM
You can try controlling the NI board directly in your custom adapter. Talk to Daniel. Your question lacks lots of details and I don't know what to tell, but I am sure he can help you better.
June 17, 2020 05:43AM
Thank you very much Jaewon~

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.