Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multiple touch screen

Posted by LZhong 
Multiple touch screen
March 10, 2020 09:07PM
Hello,

I am wondering if monkeylogic can recognize more than one touch screen and receive touch input from them. At the same time we have another two control monitors. So there're at least 4 monitors in total. Do you think Monkeylogic can do it?
Re: Multiple touch screen
March 11, 2020 01:01AM
If you can touch them on Windows, you can touch them in NIMH ML. Check on "Forced use of fallback screen" and type the Windows coordinates that cover two screens, like [LEFT, TOP, RIGHT, BOTTOM], in "Fallback screen rect.". Refer to the figure in the following link.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/board/read.php?2,271,271#msg-271
March 11, 2020 07:00PM
Thank you very much Jaewon! I don't have the second touch screen yet but it will arrive soon (So now I have two normal monitors and one touch monitor). I did try your way by expanding the subject area into two times of the size of touch screen and the touch information from one screen could only cover haft of the "subject area" (here I mean the area shows to subject(s)). It probably means that the touch information from the second monitor will cover another haft of the "subject area". Correct me if I am wrong, does it mean if I select the "Forced use fallback screen", then the "subject area" is no longer defined by "Subject screen device" ?
March 12, 2020 10:14AM
Yes. If you check on "Forced use of fallback screen", the subject screen is replaced with a window created as you specified in "Fallback screen rect."

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.