Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

General Input Logging

Posted by acecala 
General Input Logging
December 17, 2019 02:46PM
Jaewon,

I was working with the "General Input" assignment today in the "Input/Output" section of the ML GUI and observed the following:

1) I could assign an AI;
2) I observed a clear signal (brief 5V pulse every second like a TTL) in the I/O test window as expected based on input;

After I ran a task with this General Input assignment in the simulation mode, I checked the datafile via mlread and noticed all of the General Inputs were empty sets. Whenever I have made other AI/AO assignments (e.g. eye, photodiode, behavioural and strobe codes) this automatically resulted in appropriate data logging to ML BHV2/HDF5 files or output to other hardware. Have I missed something unique regarding data logging with the General Inputs and/or the simulation mode?

Thanks for your time,

Aaron
Re: General Input Logging
December 17, 2019 03:11PM
The signals saved in the the data file during the simulation mode are only the kinds that you can fake with the mouse. So you probably didn't get the photodiode either. (eye is emulated with mouse and behavioral codes and strobes are outputs, which do not need emulation.)

It is possible to record some real signals even during the simulation mode, but I don't do so because there is no way for me to figure out whether your intention is to use the real signal or fake for task control.
Re: General Input Logging
December 17, 2019 04:21PM
Thanks, makes a lot more sense, and noted for future reference.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.