Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

inquiries on Max Latency / Cycle Rate v. Framing Interval / Drawing Time

Posted by mbarrettogarcia 
inquiries on Max Latency / Cycle Rate v. Framing Interval / Drawing Time
April 30, 2024 04:10PM
When I run the task, the information I have on the bottom left of the screen when I'm about to start the task is the Frame Interval and Draw Time. In our previous experiments, we often have information on the Max Latency and Cycle Rate, which we often use to sift through good trials from the bad ones. Is there a way to set this with the latter?
Re: inquiries on Max Latency / Cycle Rate v. Framing Interval / Drawing Time
May 01, 2024 12:45AM
What will be displayed there is dependent on whether your script is written in the v1 or v2 style. v2 scripts run in a totally different way from v1 scripts, so the measures like Cycle Rate simply do not exist in the v2-style tasks. See the following manual page, if you do not know the difference.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_CreatingTask.html#RuntimeVersion2_Background

Even though Max Latency or Cycle Rate is not in an ideal range, it just means that the measurement was sluggish in some part of the trial. It cannot be a sole reason to exclude a trial.
Got it! Thanks Jaewon. I wasn't sure whether Max Latency / Cycle Rate was a feature that was specific to V1 or whether we can also change that in V2. This is very useful clarification.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.