Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using NI data acquisition cards (such as NI USB 6009) in conjunction with MonkeyLogic to control a peristaltic pump for voltage output.

Posted by czy520520 
Hi Jaewon,

We're setting up a MonkeyLogic system(2.2.44) with a reward machine.
We use a NI USB-6009 board, which could be detected in NI MAX software
For example, using the example file of NIMH-MonkeyLogic_2.2 \ task \ runtime v2 \ 10 pursuit eye movement, how should I configure the I/O panel when the computer is connected to the NI USB-6009 acquisition card via USB? Do the sample files need to be modified? Only through monkeylogic ->goodmonkey signal to NI data acquisition board ->output voltage ->control peristaltic pump water supply. I have also studied the help document, but I am not very familiar with it. Hope to receive your help or document sharing, thank you very much!

Thanks for your help!
I'm very sorry, there was an issue with the previous detection tool that caused it to be unable to output.
Later, I found out that my connection and settings were fine, and I could control the acquisition card to output 5V voltage.

Thank you for your help!
I am glad to hear that you fixed the problem. I do not see any reason for the pump not to work, if it is correctly connected to the analog output (AO) of the NI board and also the AO channel is correctly assigned to the "Reward" signal type in NIMH ML.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.