Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Web Cam

Posted by daddaoua1978 
Web Cam
April 04, 2024 01:02PM
Hi Jaewon,
I am trying to find webcams with high frames/sec acquisition rates.
Strangely enough I could not find webcams that get more than 90 fps (I am trying to record reach movement that last 200ms ).
The only one that I can find is this:
[www.webcamerausb.com]
Which can go to 260fps at the lowest resolution. Can ML handle that high frame count acquisition?
If not, any suggestion would be really appreciated.
Thank you,

Nabil
Re: Web Cam
April 04, 2024 02:21PM
It is not ML but Windows that handles the acquisition. ML just receives the images and their timestamps from Windows. So, the question should be whether your computer is faster enough to run both the webcam and ML. Also, the images are stored in the memory until a trial ends, so your computer needs sufficient memory to hold them.
April 12, 2024 12:42PM
Thanks for your reply.
One more question: I am planning to get a webcam that can do 90fps. Any specific minimal requirement that the computer must have in order to rum ML and acquire the movies at that rate?
Thanks so much for your help.

Nabil
April 12, 2024 01:12PM
Not that I know of. You should probably check it with the manufacturer of the webcam.

If you look up the old posts in this forum, some people complained that the timestamps of the frames were not correct. As far as I know, it is a problem of the incorrectly programmed webcam driver and seems to occur with very old products. It is difficult to find out without testing with a real product, though. Please check if recorded videos are played at the same speed as they occurred.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.