Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No IO board supports DigitalIO...

Posted by apexAPEX 
No IO board supports DigitalIO...
February 21, 2024 11:00PM
Hi Jaewon,

We're setting up a MonkeyLogic system(2.2.44) with a reward machine.
We use a NI PCI-MIO-16E-4 board, which could be detected in NI MAX software & send a digital signal to trigger the reward,
however, when load the MonkeyLogic app, this board wasn't shown under the I/O boards or Subsystem panel, from which we will configure the reward source.

Any idea what's going on there ?

Thanks for your help!
Re: No IO board supports DigitalIO...
February 22, 2024 01:19PM
See if the following post helps.
https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/PCI-MIO-16E-4-old-drivers/td-p/4275417

The E-series boards were considered old even twenty years ago and NI discontinued all support for them several years ago. I suggest purchasing a new board.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/board/read.php?3,1376
March 14, 2024 12:29AM
Hi Jaewon,

Sorry for the late reply, the PCI board posted above is indeed old, we used your Bluetooth setup instead to deliver reward instead since that's the reason we used the old PCI board.

We however have another issue now: we bought a new elo touchscreen(Elo Touch 1593L), at the beginning, we just downloaded the driver and did calibration as it is required. It worked fine 1st day, tested with your dms demo task (windows 10, NIMH_MonkeyLogic_2.2 with a wireless reward system). However, the next day ML seems to only register touch event randomly at very low frequency, and sometime the touch signal stay for a while without real touch, although nothing has been changed including software and hardware settings.

After restart matlab/ML and/or windows, the ML now never detect any touch in the demo task. As a confirmation, I/O test could not detect any touch event. The touchscreen could be detected and calibrated in the windows system still.

As far as I know, to check the touchscreen option on the User Panel Setting is the only thing we need to do in order to use touchscreen with ML. Do you have any idea what's the conflict there?
March 14, 2024 03:12PM
For wired reward triggering, you can get a parallel port. It is cheap and provides up to 12 digital output lines.

I have no idea why it happens. It would make more sense if the touchscreen got slower while running a task. Does the screen respond to touch well outside NIMH ML?
March 15, 2024 01:39AM
Turns out update the touchscreen driver solvers the issue.
Thanks J!

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.