Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No DMA channels or USB Bulk Endpoints are available

Posted by ali_alamri 
No DMA channels or USB Bulk Endpoints are available
July 05, 2022 12:50PM
When starting the task, the following error appears in the "Messages from MonkeyLogic" window:

NI AITask::start::DAQmxTaskControl, No DMA channels or USB Bulk Endpoints are available

Either shut down other tasks that might be using these resources or consider changing your data transfer mechanism to Interrupts if
supported.
Device: Dev1

Task Name: nidaqmxDev1-AITask-311327709

Status Code:-200251 (mldaq.start, Line 551)</font></html>

and in the Matlab command window this error appears:

Error in barHold_initiated_fixation_7_runtime (line 1882)
start(DAQ);

Error in run_trial (line 130)
runtime(MLConfig,TrialRecord,TaskObject,TrialData);

Error in monkeylogic/UIcallback (line 900)
result = run_trial(MLConfig,datafile);

Error while evaluating UIControl Callback.

Does anyone know what's causing this error message and the failed start of a task? Thank you.
Re: No DMA channels or USB Bulk Endpoints are available
July 05, 2022 02:22PM
Which NI board model are you using? Is there any other program that uses the board?
July 05, 2022 03:21PM
I'm using the PCI-MIO-16XE-50 (and I have the appropriate NI-max version which supports it), and I don't believe that there are any other programs that use it. Thank you!
July 05, 2022 04:16PM
I think you should use a different device. The product first came out more than 25 years ago before the era of NI-DAQmx and is in the obsolete phase of the manufacturer's product life cycle policy. Since it is not in the list of simulated devices that NI MAX can create, I do not have a way to examine what is the problem with it.
July 08, 2022 11:44AM
Understood! Thank you very much for your help!

Best,
Ali

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.