Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Timing Script V2: Sample Without Stimulus

Posted by kmart 
Timing Script V2: Sample Without Stimulus
November 06, 2019 03:12PM
Hi Jaewon,

I am creating a DMS task using eye tracking with the V2 timing script. I want to be able to present the sample image without requiring the primate to correctly interact with the stimulus to move on with the rest of the task. Currently, the primate must continue to look directly at the sample image in order to move on with sample matching. I would like to rewrite the code so the initial viewing of the sample image is only dependent on a programmed time of viewing, and does not require the monkey to continue to look at the sample image to move on with the task. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Thanks
Re: Timing Script V2: Sample Without Stimulus
November 06, 2019 05:02PM
You can use WaitThenHold but make its HoldTime 0. Then, when the WaitThenHold succeeds, run another scene that just shows the sample image without checking any behavior. Does it make sense?
November 07, 2019 02:41PM
Thanks for your reply!

I'm not sure how to create a scene without checking any behavior, how would I do this? I'm unclear on how to present a stimulus or a sequence of stimuli that don't require any behavioral input. I see that the program would respond to a correct response in by the presenting the next scene but I don't know how to make a scene without requiring eye input.

I would like to do something similar to the code in V1:
toggleobject(sample, 'eventmarker',20);
idle(sample_time);
toggleobject([sample],'status','off');
November 08, 2019 11:37AM
Just do not include any adapter that tracks behavior, such as WaitThenHold. You can program the same thing in the scene framework like the following.

tc = TimeCounter(null_);
tc.Duration = sample_time;
scene = create_scene(tc,sample);
run_scene(scene,20);

idle(0);  % Clear the screen. Not necessary if this is not the lase scene.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.