Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tracking a moving target

Posted by bt 
bt
tracking a moving target
November 05, 2019 09:53AM
Hi,
I am quite new to MonkeyLogic and I don't know all the functions yet. I am trying to create a task in which a monkey should intercept a moving target on a touchscreen monitor. Is there an equivalent to "eyejoytrack" for moving stimuli?
Many thanks
Re: tracking a moving target
November 05, 2019 10:17AM
I built the scene framework (timing script v2) for this kind of purpose.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_CreatingTask.html#RuntimeVersion2

Take a look at the following examples in the task directory. They are not exactly the same as what you described but do something similar.
task\runtime v2\10 pursuit eye movement
task\runtime v2\11 curve trace

If you explain how you are going to move your stimuli and what the task is like, then I will be able to tell whether you can do it with existing adapters or will need new ones.
bt
November 06, 2019 05:27AM
Thanks a lot for your answer. I have been studying these examples and I had a look at timing script functions, but I'm not sure existing adapters would correspond to my task.
I would like a target to move along a specified trajectory with x and y coordinates. As soon as the monkey touches the target, I want to detect it as success, record the location of the touch signal and make the target disappear. I think it's nearly the same idea as SingleTarget adapter, but with a target path.
November 08, 2019 11:27AM
Please download the new version of NIMH ML and try the task attached below. Now SingleTarget gets the target position from the child adapter (CurveTracer in the attached code), if no Target is assigned.
Attachments:
open | download - curve_trace.zip (217.6 KB)
bt
November 12, 2019 06:34AM
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I meant.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.