Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lots of skipped frames

Posted by pmoghimi 
Lots of skipped frames
June 09, 2022 01:53PM
Hi,

I am running Monkeylogic 2.2.24 on Windows 10. My task requires displaying movies. I suddenly started experiencing tons of skipped frames (2-14 frames/trial) and I can see that the movies do not look right.

I have three monitors. One is my main monitor which displays the ML windows and its refresh rate is 60Hz.

The other two monitors are for displaying the stimuli (one for monkey and and one for me to see what he sees). Their refresh rates are 75Hz. My movies are also generated at 75fps.

My computer has 32GB of ram a 3.8GHz CPU.

I am not sure how to go about debugging it. I have not changed anything and ML was running fine on this system before.

Thanks,
Pantea
Re: Lots of skipped frames
June 09, 2022 04:52PM
Here is some more information about my system.
My Display resolutions are:
1) ML control monitor: 1680 x 1050 (Desktop resolution), 1920 x 1080 (Active signal resolution)
2) Monkey's monitor: 1280 x 1024 (Desktop resolution), 1920 x 1080 (Active signal resolution)
3) The monitor mirroring monkey's monitor: 1280 x 1024 (Both desktop and active signal resolutions)
Display memory (VRAM): 128MB
Graphic card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

I tried changing the refresh rate for all three monitors to 60Hz and also changing the frame rate of my movies to 60fps. That unfortunately did not fix the problem either.

I did look at the actual vs. supposed presentation times, and it seems that my frames are on average 13.5 ms late, which is close to the duration of each frame which is 13.3ms.The website crashed every time I tried attaching one of my bhv2 files, so I couldn't provide the full data on the issue.
Re: Lots of skipped frames
June 09, 2022 07:24PM
The computer is a deterministic system. There is no such thing like "nothing changed but it works differently now". Please try to find or remember what has changed.

One odd thing in your system spec is the display memory. How can you run three monitors with 128MB? Go to the BIOS setup and try increasing the dedicated memory to, let's say, 4GB.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.