Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TrialError

Posted by PeterK 
TrialError
May 04, 2022 12:58PM
Hello,

We are effectively running a couple new timing scripts, but the trialerror is coming up "aborted" (9) every trial.

We did not explicitly use the trialerror function within our timing script (maybe we need to).

In the meantime, until I overwrite the default error labels:

Where in my timing script is a "9" being generated that is translated into an "abort"?

How is my timing script pulling trialerrors that are specified elsewhere - where is the trialerror function?

Is there a front end access point for error codes like codes.txt. and a link to error codes via the GUI?

[monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov]

Thanks - Peter
Re: TrialError
May 04, 2022 02:45PM
If you don't do anything, you get "aborted" (9). This behavior has not been changed from the original ML.
https://www.brown.edu/Research/monkeylogic/timingscripts.html#trialerrors

Call the trialerror function with a different error code, if you want to display something else. ML does not "know" the result of a trial. It just displays the error code you put to the trialerror function.
May 04, 2022 03:31PM
Thanks, we can update our trialerror codes within the timing scrip.

But just so I better understand:

Some element of the ML code must know that no error was defined (in my timing script), so I am asking how do we go from no defined error code to an "aborted" (9)?

Is that the trialerror function and where is it? Is it used to create a runtime file?
May 04, 2022 04:57PM
You can look up the scripts in the package. I do not explain how my code works nor discuss general programming issues here.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.