Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FrameCounter for WaitThenHold

Posted by Matty 
FrameCounter for WaitThenHold
April 22, 2022 06:15AM
Is there a way to measure time in frames for the WaitThenHold adaptor?
Re: FrameCounter for WaitThenHold
April 22, 2022 09:42AM
What do you need it for?
April 22, 2022 10:49PM
Frame counter is giving very accurate timings compared to time counter in scenes that require no tracker. But I cannot use a frame counter in scenes where I wait for and hold fixation. Hence asking.
April 23, 2022 12:55AM
I understand what you are thinking but it will not work as you think. Measuring the duration of behavior is not like timing an interval. Whether you do time-counting or frame-counting, it is not possible to measure a 500-ms fixation in a 500-ms period.

Let's say that you want to measure a 500-ms fixation. First of all, you do not know when to start the clock to measure the 500 ms. WaitThenHold can tell you when the eye crosses the threshold window, but the eye is still in motion at that point, so it is not the start of fixation.

Even if you know when to start the clock, you cannot stop the measurement exactly at 500 ms. To claim the completion of fixation, you have to watch the clock until it actually passes 500 ms, so the total measurement time takes longer than 500 ms.
April 23, 2022 08:58AM
That explains it. Thank you!

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.