Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My two external webcams make ML crash

Posted by Maria-ChiaraV 
My two external webcams make ML crash
March 15, 2022 10:53AM
Hello there,

I am trying to video-record my experiment from two different points of view. For this, I am using two external webcams (USB devices). Their drivers are correctly installed and according to my pc, they work correctly.
Once I try to integrate them into my ML settings, they seem to work correctly as well: in fact, they are present in the setting options and I can select one as webcam # 1 and the other as webcam # 2. Trying them also in [...] within the setting options, they show me my two videos and all the available options.

Problems come when I try to run the experiment. ML does not start and matlab crashes without any error output.

I have tried them one at a time and they work properly. I also tried them one at a time both in conjunction with my pc's integrated webcam and again they work properly.

Any idea what's going on?

Thank you for your help,

MCV
Re: My two external webcams make ML crash
March 15, 2022 02:51PM
Are both webcams the same model? It seems that their drivers are not programmed well and cannot handle multiple webcams.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.