Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Monkeylogic 2.2.21 frequently crashes

Posted by pmoghimi 
Monkeylogic 2.2.21 frequently crashes
January 21, 2022 02:37PM
Hi,

I recently installed monkeylogic version 2.2.21 (Nov 11 2021) on a windows 10 machine (version 10.0.19043).

Monkeylogic frequently crashes when asking it to open new windows including:
1) IO test window opens sometimes and comes up blank at other times
2) Changing the background color window sometimes works fine and sometimes just comes up blank
3) Eye calibration window sometimes comes up fine, sometimes comes up blank, and sometimes just freezes in the middle of eye calibration and requires me to restart the system.

I do not see any error messages in MATLAB when this happens. The problem happens randomly in the middle of training/calibrating the animal's eye and it impacting our ability to keep the animal working. What can we do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Pantea
Re: Monkeylogic 2.2.21 frequently crashes
January 22, 2022 05:28PM
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the problem, but I do not have information to determine why you get it. If you tell me the specifications of your video card and monitors at least, maybe we can start from there.

I have not seen any of the things you mentioned, but the blank screen seems an issue with insufficient video memory. I made only one change in the video routine for the last several months and it requires more video memory. Try a smaller screen resolution or a video board with more memory. If you have an NVIDIA, try the latest driver from the manufacturer's website as well.

I do everything to terminate the program gracefully in case of an error, but there is not so much I can do, if Windows does not help.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.