Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The difference between Version 1 and Version 2

Posted by lu 
lu
The difference between Version 1 and Version 2
December 08, 2021 01:36AM
Hi,

I have some doubts about create scene function, and hope to get your help.

First, I wrote the same program using these two versions ( Timing Script v1 and Timing Script v2 ), and I attached this two file. when I run these two program, I found that the reaction time (rt) got from these two versions is different, the reaction time from Timing Script v2 will more longer than from Timing Script v1. There must be an error here, but I cannot find the error.

Second, in the version 2, TurnOffUnchosen = ture could turn off unchosen targets during HoldTime, but if I want to turn off chosen target when the chosen target is the distractor rather than Target. How do I need to change the code in this version.

Thanks.

Looking forward to your answer

lu
Attachments:
open | download - Version 1.txt (3.8 KB)
open | download - Version 2 .m.txt (4.3 KB)
Re: The difference between Version 1 and Version 2
December 08, 2021 03:10PM
You have questions about create_scene(), not doubts. What you doubt about is whether you programmed correctly.

You are doing it all wrong. For runtime v2, you can do either
t_flip = run_scene(scene4,40);
rt = mul4.AcquiredTime - t_flip;
or
rt = mul4.RT;
Even for the v1 script, the better way is
t_target = toggleobject([target distractor fixation_point], 'eventmarker',40);
[chosen_target,~,t_acquired] = eyejoytrack('acquirefix', [target distractor], target_radius, max_reaction_time);
rt = t_acquired - t_target;
I am answering this question because the examples included in the package were not updated (they are now), but you should read the docs carefully.

The other question of yours is something you have to do yourself with your programming skill and creativity.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.