Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

error subject screen device display

Posted by ChiaraCamp 
error subject screen device display
November 05, 2021 02:54PM
Hi Jaewon,
I tried to create a profile but it is not found or inactive.
I've a problem with ML because when i run the task, it is not represented correctly in the subject screen device, even if it is setted correctly in the options. The curious thing is that, if i set as subject device the main monitor, it runs perfectly. How do i solve the problem?
Thank you so much.
Re: error subject screen device display
November 05, 2021 02:57PM
I do not understand what you mean by "not represented correctly". Have you read this manual page?
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_MonitorSetup.html
November 05, 2021 03:03PM
Yes, I read that page but i didn't find my problem solution. I try to explain it better. If in the main monitor fixation appears, in the subject screen it doesn't happen, or it starts only when reward is released (test in subject screen runs normally). If the task runs in the same monitor in which ML is, this doesn't happen.
November 05, 2021 03:13PM
Before i installed the last version of ML problem didn't exist
November 05, 2021 03:25PM
I still do not understand. You should do this step by step. What is the main monitor and what is the subject screen?
November 05, 2021 03:32PM
the main monitor is the control screen through which i can run the task and set . In subject screen is displayed the task and it is a different monitor
November 06, 2021 12:43AM
So, the fixation point appears on the control screen but not on the subject screen.

What started only when reward was released?
What was the test that you could run on the subject screen normally?
How did you run the task in the same monitor?

Please let me know the screen resolution of your monitors and the size of your video memory.
November 06, 2021 03:19PM
In the part in which there are video settings, i can click on "Test" to verify what monitor is set as subject screen, and i can also set "Forced use of fallback screen" to see in my work screen the task. In both cases it's all right. Only when i set as subject screen the second monitor the fixation doesn't appears. But this problem exists since i installed the last version of ML.
November 06, 2021 06:22PM
I still need you to tell me your screen resolution and video memory size.
November 08, 2021 03:24AM
screen resolution is 1920x1080 and video memory size is 4096 MB
November 08, 2021 07:36AM
What does your latency test look like? Do not set "Forced use of fallback screen", when you run the test.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_MonitorSetup.html#LatencyTest

What have you tried among the things suggested in the troubleshooting?
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_MonitorSetup.html#Troubleshooting
November 08, 2021 08:22AM
The latency test is ok; I verified the three points indicated in the troubleshooting section, but the problem remains.
November 08, 2021 08:53AM
During the latency test, did you see an image and a movie presented on the subject screen? Or did they show only on the control screen? If you saw them on the subject screen, were they at the center of the screen?

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.