Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Userloop Configurations Randomly Selects Distractor and Locations

Posted by marmosets 
Userloop Configurations Randomly Selects Distractor and Locations
August 31, 2020 03:52PM
Hello!

I am writing a visual discrimination touchscreen task. I would like to be able to have many stimuli variants and present them in multiple locations, I would like to do this randomly. In order to do this with a conditions file, it would be extremely tedious.

I understand that the userloop is a much easier way to approach this idea and have read the documentation surrounding it and the userloop file in the runtime v2 DMS directory. In that file, there is a configuration that uses the index of the items in the images_list and assigns locations to them. I would like to have the configuration randomly select a a distractor and randomly assign location to both the target and distractor. The target will change based on the block that the animal is currently in.

Is there a simple way to implement this kind of structure in the userloop file?

Right now I am working towards having a list of locations and stimuli, and then pulling out random values and assigning them to specific indexes in the configuration array. However, I am new to Matlab and want to make sure this is the best way forward.

I appreciate the help!

Thanks,

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.