Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G-sync

Posted by Bjerki 
G-sync
June 15, 2020 08:55AM
Hi,

I'm about to buy a PC++ for use with ML2. I'm wondering if it is worth getting g-sync compatible graphics cards and monitors, in order to permit (now or in the near future) having settings in ML2 that exploits this for 'ultra-high' temporal resolution of visual presentations (ala the methods described in the attached paper).

Thanks,
Bjørg

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29340970/
Re: G-sync
June 15, 2020 06:15PM
Posting a PDF article is not allowed, so I replaced your attachment with a pubmed link to the article.

NIMH ML (more precisely MGL) is not supporting G-Sync or FreeSync currently. I am not sure if I will ever have time to support the tech, so it is up to you. This method is useful mostly for visual psychophysics experiments and you probably have to give up behavior tracking during stimulus presentation, so it is not for NIMH ML, but for those tools that control just visual stimuli (although I don't think it is impossible to add it to NIMH ML).

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.