Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Luminance Control (touchscreen or other monitor)

Posted by acecala 
Luminance Control (touchscreen or other monitor)
January 29, 2020 02:05PM
Hi Jaewon,

Please forgive me if I missed this in either the ML user manual or the ML forum, but is there a straightforward way to control target (circles, squares, etc.) luminance/contrast in ML?

Thanks for your time,

Aaron
Re: Luminance Control (touchscreen or other monitor)
January 29, 2020 07:46PM
Please explain more. I don't understand what you want to do just from "luminance/contrast control".
January 30, 2020 12:33PM
I simply want to change the brightness of individual targets relative to the background.
January 30, 2020 01:37PM
You can change the brightness of targets by adjusting RGB values, but it is not what you are asking about, is it?

If you are asking about how to make isoluminant stimuli or isoluminant colors (or that kind of question), it may not be solvable with software tools. Making isoluminant stimuli is relatively easy if you need just a few of them and use grayscale only. If you want to use isoluminant colors, you need a calibratable monitor and a spectrophotometer and should do some conversions between color spaces.

-----

You may want to check out the SHINE toolbox. You can google it. I don't know whether it is trustworthy, though.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.