Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is the ideal way to read conditions into the timing file?

Posted by cfeigen90 
What is the ideal way to read conditions into the timing file?
July 18, 2023 10:31AM
Are the task conditions listed in the txt conditions file stored in the TrialRecord structure? I would like to have my timing file read in some properties of the conditions but I cannot find the conditions in either TrialRecord or MLConfig. Currently I call the conditions file directly in my timing file using
T = table2cell(readtable('cond_file.txt')) but this is not ideal as it requires changing the timing file every time the condition file name is changed.

The reason I am doing this is to track progress on a subset of conditions during the task.
Re: What is the ideal way to read conditions into the timing file?
July 19, 2023 11:07AM
I figured out one solution after posting the Q and leaving it here in case anybody else wanted to do this. To access the contents of my conditions file from the timing file, I created a folder (cond_folder) that only contains the conditions file (cond_file.txt) and then in the timing file I call it using dir()

cond_folder= dir('cond_folder');
cond_file = cond_folder(end).name;
T = table2cell(readtable(cond_file ));
Re: What is the ideal way to read conditions into the timing file?
July 20, 2023 04:44PM
If what you want is just the filename of the conditions file, you can retrieve it from MLConfig.
cond_file = MLConfig.MLPath.ConditionsFile;

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.