Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can I send eventcode via HTTP server?

Posted by MoonL 
Can I send eventcode via HTTP server?
April 19, 2023 02:33AM
Hi
In my current usage scenario, I cannot use the digital port of the NI board to send eventcode. Can I send the eventcode to another computer through a network cable and switch?
Re: Can I send eventcode via HTTP server?
April 19, 2023 10:19AM
I do not understand. Is there anything that prevents you from doing so?
April 20, 2023 01:44AM
I’m sorry I didn’t make myself clear. The data server has limit for digital port number. In my current experiment, I need more than 256 event codes, but the data server can only receive 8 port at most.
If I can send event code via http server, I can read them in data server like [open-ephys.github.io]
April 20, 2023 10:45AM
Maybe it was I that was not clear. My question was if there was anything that prevented you from sending the network eventcodes.
April 21, 2023 02:41AM
I don't know how to do so. I thought I can only send eventcode from NI digital ports. Could you please teach me how to send them just like NI board? I only find digital port in "behavioral code" sub system. Thank you!
April 21, 2023 04:49AM
This is something you need to figure out yourself. I do not think the network eventcodes will be directly supported in NIMH ML, because 1) the network communication has a relatively long, variable delay, so users should understand what they are doing and use it at their own risk and 2) there are a bunch of tools out there already. Use search engines.

If there is an HTTP server waiting on the other side and you know the format of the message you need to send, you can try some built-in tools of MATLAB, like webwrite.
April 21, 2023 07:17AM
Thank you Jaewon! I thought I could use network to send the eventcodes in NIMH adapters like ImageChanger so that the data server can figure out the image index series, just like what I do in [monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov].
I will try to run webwrite and ImageChanger in parallel to achieve this demand. Thank you!

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.