Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ITI duration

Posted by mattiadelgrosso 
ITI duration
July 11, 2022 01:00PM
Hi everyone

I have problems with the ITI duration when connecting two webcams to NIMH ML.
Using the setting "export" and doing some tests in every available format ("to data file (compression"/"to data file (no compression)"/"as separate MP4 files"), my ITI last what I set in "Task->inter-trial interval (ITI)" plus the time of videos creation. I make an example. If I choose an ITI of 1ms and I connected 2 webcams, my ITI last 1ms + 30/40s (that is the time the program need to save video data recordings).
Is there something I could do to make the program respect the ITI I set? How can I fix that issue?

Thank you for your reply
Re: ITI duration
July 11, 2022 02:35PM
Choose a smaller video resolution in the webcam setup.
Re: ITI duration
July 29, 2022 08:21PM
If your webcam supports MJPEG, choose one of the MJPEG formats and export "to data file with NO compression". MJPEG frames are compressed to some extent, although it is not as good as MP4. By choosing "save with no compression", you can avoid the MP4 processing time while keeping the data size relatively small with MJPEG compression.

Update your NIMH ML first.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.