Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Touch screen driver issue?

Posted by jbergman 
Touch screen driver issue?
October 27, 2021 04:52PM
I have a 10inch INexio USB IR touch interface on a 10 inch Nexio screen. Touch, click and drag work in windows. Windows 10 sees the device correctly according to the examples. When I run ML (current ver. 10/27) on MatLab 2018b, the first touch is seen as a start experiment correctly. The touch stops responding and a hand icon on the experimenters screen stays at the inital "Start" picture position. This triggers an immediate recognition of the cue image (also in the position of the start button), no other touches are recorded anywhere on the screen. If I run the touch screen test as a single touch then one position is seen and stays on the screen when touch is removed, if I run the test as a two touch setup then two separate touches are seen and stay when touch is removed. One touch is allowed only in the first case, no more subsequent touches are seen. In the second test two touches are seen then no additional retouches are seen. Ideas?
Re: Touch screen driver issue?
October 27, 2021 04:58PM
Has the problem occurred before? Or is it a new problem after the update?

----------

What is the exact model name of your device? Does it provide a Win10 driver? It appears that the device does not notify Windows when fingers are lifted.

The way to process touch in Windows completely changed since Win8. Have you tested it with Win7 and NIMH ML 2.0?
October 28, 2021 11:07AM
This display is the one Lafayette uses for their AbetII product. The IR touch ( connected via usb) itself does work as a windows HID device. I can drag, select, etc in the windows desktop, web browsers and other applications. Just not under MatLab. I could try ML 2.0 but I have not run this system under Win 7. The product is a Nexio Nex104 . I have not used this product with ML before so its a new issue to me.
October 28, 2021 01:28PM
I need to know what messages your device sends to Windows. If you want to help with it, please download the attached program and run it on your system. Move the program window onto the IR touchscreen, maximize the window, tap the screen a couple of times and close the program. You will find the "message.txt" file in the program directory. I need you to send the file back to me. Can you do it?
Attachments:
open | download - WindowsProject1.zip (16.5 KB)
October 28, 2021 05:20PM
I'll post results tomorrow as I just left my shop. Thanks for the help.
Joe
October 29, 2021 10:49AM
Attached is the requested file. Hope it clears up the issue. Thanks very much.
Joe
Attachments:
open | download - message.txt (14.3 KB)
October 29, 2021 03:34PM
Your device updates the touch position even after the finger is lifted. Please download the NIMH ML package again. It should fix the problem.
October 29, 2021 03:57PM
Just tested the latest build and that has fixed the issue. The research team thanks you!
Joe

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.