Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can NIMH monkeylogic receive arduino signal directly?

Posted by flumer 
Can NIMH monkeylogic receive arduino signal directly?
December 17, 2020 06:23AM
It seems that monkeylogic cannot directly receive high frequency signal directly. Is an NI board always needed?
I have a pressure detector on an Ardunino board and want the monkeylogic to receive its information trial-by-trial.
Re: Can NIMH monkeylogic receive arduino signal directly?
December 17, 2020 10:03PM
I don't understand what you are talking about. Are you saying that your Arduino sends out information at a high frequency? How high is the high frequency?

If you want to read out a few numbers from Arduino, you can install the Arduino support package of MATLAB and do it yourself. But, if signals should be sampled at regular intervals, you need NI boards regardless of the sample rate.
https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/arduino-matlab.html
June 06, 2022 02:33PM
Hi,
I am new to the ML users community. It is a truly useful option for conducting behavioural experiments. But, I have a doubt regarding connecting and also about how it communicates with an arduino. I am trying to send some numbers to aurduino for delivering some reward, I have the support package for arduino installed, but confused about how it actually interact with the arduino. Is it something that could be done from ML or is it something that I has to do using the support package? Is there any examples available for that? Any suggestions would be greatly helpful
Thank you
June 06, 2022 05:19PM
It is MATLAB, not NIMH ML, that communicates with the arduino. Arduino Support from MATLAB is a product of MathWorks, so any question related to it should be directed to the MathWorks support.

See if the post in the following link helps.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/board/read.php?3,724

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.