Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how are eventcodes encoded?

Posted by lucast4 
how are eventcodes encoded?
November 29, 2020 04:40PM
Hi,
sorry but I cannot find this anywhere - how are eventcode encoded in the digital output signal?
e.g., would a code be converted to a binary word, sent out by modulating the a single channel over time?
If so, the strobe would be sent once for each bit for the word? or just the first bit?
Thanks
Re: how are eventcodes encoded?
November 29, 2020 11:16PM
You need many digital lines sufficient enough to represent the code as binary digits. For example, at least 8 digital lines are required to send 170, since 170 is 10101010b. If you have less than 8 lines, the digits on the most significant bit side are ignored.

All lines are supposed to be read together when the strobe bit is sent. Look up the manual of your recording system and let me know if your system does not work in that way.
November 30, 2020 03:05PM
Thanks,
I am actually trying to synchronize Monkeylogic with a separate computer that is acquiring video camera. The video acquisiion is triggered on trial onset signal sent from ML2. I would like to send and eventcode signalling both trial number and whether it is trial "on" or "off".

Regarding the eventcodes, that makes sense - however, I cannot tell how to assign those channels. When I click "Assign" in "I/O Settings" there is only an option for a single digital channel, not 8.
November 30, 2020 06:49PM

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.