Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Use of mouse to control the task in Runtime version1

Posted by surabhi.ramawat 
Use of mouse to control the task in Runtime version1
October 23, 2020 08:27AM
Hello,

We have an old task originally designed with Runtime version1, which uses touch screen as the input device. Now we are trying to acquire some human behavioral data with the same task, but the idea is to use mouse as the input device.
So my question is that, is there a way to use mouse input to control the task with Runtime version1 ?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Use of mouse to control the task in Runtime version1
October 25, 2020 12:00AM
First of all, runtime v1 does not support mouse as a behavior tracker. If you have to use mouse, I guess you can get mouse input with mouse_position() and process it yourself.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_RuntimeFunctions.html#mouse_position

Touchscreen and mouse are very different devices. Whether you use runtime v1 or v2, it is currently not possible to run touchscreen-based tasks with mouse, although supporting such conversion is much easier with v2. I wonder why you don't just use touchscreen to humans as well.
Re: Use of mouse to control the task in Runtime version1
October 27, 2020 06:31AM
Dear Jaewon,

Thank you for replying to the query.
So I guess, if I have to use the mouse input with the currently programmed task, I can make a function using mouse_position providing binary inputs to eyejoytrack!!

Best
Surabhi

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.