Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eyelink integration

Posted by Vanhoyland 
Eyelink integration
October 21, 2020 08:23AM
Dear all,

We are running Monkeylogic 2.2.1 on Matlab 2020a and 2020b with signal acquisition toolbox, Windows10.
We use an Eyelink 1000+ eyetracker, sending analog x- and y coordinates to a national instruments PCIe-6321 board.

During startup, in the startup panel of ML, it is noted that 1 DAQ board has been found. However, when going to the I/O board section, clicking on Eye, we get the message that "No IO board supports analog Input for Eye X".

Other than that, we use custom made software as well on the same pc where x- and y coordinates are recorded completely normal, so the analog signal does enter the PC.

Is there a solution to the problem?

Best,
Michaël
Re: Eyelink integration
October 21, 2020 04:18PM
"1 DAQ board" does not necessarily mean an NI board. It can be a sound card. To see what types of boards are available,
try the following commands.

>> info = daqhwinfo;
>> info.InstalledAdaptors

ans =

3×1 cell array

{'nidaq'   }
    {'parallel'}
    {'winsound'}

To see if your NI board is installed correctly, run NI MAX and click on "Devices and Interfaces" on the left panel.
October 22, 2020 03:41PM
Thanks for the reply.
Indeed, it appeared that the DAQ was a sound card indeed.

I went further and after enabling the NI configuration manager (control panel > assistance tools > services > NI configuration manager) I appears to be recognized.

However, it appears that there are some problems with effectively using the PCIe card.
When starting monkeylogic, ML errors out with the following error:
"DAqNI:: Init, AI voltage ranges available for Devi(Devi = name of PCIe) are not detected."

Is there a setting somewhere to enable these voltage ranges? It did not work through National Instrument MAX auto-calibration.

Best,
October 22, 2020 04:42PM
You should ask the question of NI support. If you don't know what other components of the NI-DAQmx driver are disabled/damaged, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.