Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lots of skipped frames

Posted by aboharbf 
Lots of skipped frames
October 19, 2020 08:33PM
Hey All,

I recently updated monkeylogic and started running a userloop script I wrote about a year ago, which worked fine then. Now, I am getting the error for skipped frames on every repetition. Anyway to troubleshoot this? Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks a lot.
Re: Lots of skipped frames
October 20, 2020 10:22AM
You did not provide enough information. There hasn't been any change that may affect screen updates. Does the latency test look okay? Did you run in the simulation mode?
October 20, 2020 10:41AM
Latency test attached, and simulation mode produces the same effect. What additional details can I provide?
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.PNG (89.2 KB)
October 20, 2020 11:40AM
For example, is it only NIMH ML that you have changed? Is there any change in the hardware?

Your latency test does not look good, so it is not the script that is a problem. Try changing the main display as suggested in the manual.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_MonitorSetup.html
October 21, 2020 08:30AM
No hardware has changed to my knowledge (I'm not the only one using this machine, so I will double check that), and the monitor is set to being the main display already, with the 'extend display' setting.
October 21, 2020 04:27PM
Maybe the monitor configuration has changed due to driver update or new hardware. This is a matter between Windows and your monitors, so you just have to try different configurations, for example, by plugging the monitors to different ports, making a different monitor the main display or rearranging their relative positions.
October 24, 2020 02:50PM
So to solve this, ultimately, I had to change the refresh rate on my monitor from 100 Hz to 60 Hz. The subject screen is a CRT which gets info from a spliter, and I'm guessing something with the windows October 2020 updates related to refresh rates has messed w/ how things were previously working. Since I'm not using stimuli @ above 60 Hz, I don't believe it will be an issue (also I'm not studying any obviously visual region in the brain, so what tiny differences may be caused by this will likely not effect the end result). Thanks for the help Jaewon.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.