Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Timing out task with MultiTarget & ComplementaryWindow

Posted by marmosets 
Timing out task with MultiTarget & ComplementaryWindow
October 09, 2020 04:14PM
Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone can help me figure out the trap I accidentally made for myself. I am building a visual discrimination task using runtime V2 that has touch initiation and objects appearing in 4 locations, one correct and one a distractor. I also used ComplementaryWindow to have the task proceed if the background is selected.

I would like the trial to time out after a given number of seconds and that is where my issue lies. With MultiTarget I used .WaitTime and with ComplementaryWindow I used WaitThenHold in hopes of accomplishing this. However, the task does not time out. In fact, after the given waiting period no portion of the screen is selectable. I have tried turning TurnOffUnchoosen On/Off and have added if statements at the end of the task in an effort to get the task to move forward with no luck.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has a clue as to what I should try next, what I did wrong, or why this is not working. I've attached my timing file here as well if anyone has time to look through it.

Thank you in advance!
Re: Timing out task with MultiTarget & ComplementaryWindow
October 10, 2020 12:01AM
See the example in the ComplementaryWindow manual.
https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/docs_RuntimeFunctions.html#ComplementaryWindow

You just need to change SingleTarget to MultiTarget in the example. The scene will stop if there is no touch for wth.WaitTime (5000 ms).
October 13, 2020 12:15PM
Hi Jaewon!

Thank you for the help! That worked out perfectly.

Is the OrAdapter simply not capable of what I was attempting to do?

I appreciate all your help, hopefully one day I won't need to ask as many questions!

Best wishes
October 14, 2020 02:22PM
October 14, 2020 03:35PM
Thank you! That was extremely helpful!

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.