Doubts regarding MlRecord.EyeTransform

Posted by Jhilik Das 
Doubts regarding MlRecord.EyeTransform
September 01, 2020 05:16AM
Hello Sir,
I am analying analog eye tracking data.

variable info:
[data, MlRecord, TrialRecord] = mlread(fileName);

In MlRecord I have found a field "MlRecord.EyeTransform" which indicated transformation of eye data on ML side.

1. I am not understanding following fields:
rotation_t
rotation_rev_t
tData.T
tData.Tinv
2. what different rows on "MlRecord.EyeTransform" indicates?
3. Is "data(trialId).AnalogData.Eye" raw data from eye tracker or transformed data after using origin, gain and rotation in ML?
4. How to use MlRecord.Eyetransform to transform data in calibrated condition/regain original eye data?

Regards,
Jhilik Das.
Centre for Neuroscience
Indian Institute of Science.
Attachments:
open | download - eyeDataDoubt.png (618.1 KB)
Re: Doubts regarding MlRecord.EyeTransform
September 01, 2020 09:07AM
data.AnalogData.Eye is transformed by the calibration and represented in degrees. When calibration is needed, the "raw data" from the eye tracker is usually meaningless numbers with an arbitrary origin, so there is no point of storing the raw data.

I am not going to explain my code, just because it is not understood. I don't have time for that. You are on your own, if you want to look into it. All calibration routines are written in plain text.
Re: Doubts regarding MlRecord.EyeTransform
September 01, 2020 03:21PM
Thanks for clarifying that data.AnalogData.Eye is already transformed data.

Regarding my other query (what are these 4 fields: rotation_t, rotation_rev_t, tData.T, tData.Tinv), its not very complicated question. You are storing these in MlRecord for the users to use. The name of the fields are not self explaining (at least, not to me).

If there's some documentation regarding the fields, can you please share the link (I have not found these info in [monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov])? Or just tell what the what these fields mean? It will be helpful for us.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.