Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tobii sdk integration

Posted by bcorr 
tobii sdk integration
June 16, 2020 02:19PM
Hi Jaewon, we are using Monkeylogic for out primate recordings, but found it too expensive to completely recreate the set-up for recordings with humans. We want to use the Tobii Pro Fusion, which records at 250Hz and communicates via USB-C or USB-A. It does have a documented SDK for both C and Matlab here. We could possibly do some work arounds, but Tobii does have several high frequency eye trackers that others might have for their primate research. As well, for groups that do human and primate, we are hoping to benefit from experiments all having the software running them across the lab, and other might as well.

If anyone else is also interested or has ideas or concerns, please share them!
Re: tobii sdk integration
June 17, 2020 12:15AM
Supporting more devices sounds fine, but I don't have any Tobii eye tracker to test with. I will think about it if somebody can lend me one for a couple of weeks.
thumbs upRe: tobii sdk integration
October 07, 2020 12:52AM
I really like it if this is possible!
I'm facing the exact same problem.
I'm thinking about doing some human experiment aside from monkey study using iSCAN.
And I'm DIY some Tobii interface to matlab through C++.
i.e. read the X,Y coordinates from the streaming engine and then dump it into a csv and read into matlab.

However, I cannot get it done with monkeylogic..... Is there something I can look into if I want to create such interface?
Re: thumbs upRe: tobii sdk integration
October 08, 2020 11:50AM
As I mentioned above, you need to let me borrow your eye tracker first so that I can test with it.

You can use any existing MATLAB function in the ML timing script, so I don't understand why you can't do something you already have done in MATLAB.
April 29, 2021 02:44AM
Hi, did you solve this problem? I want to try to use Tobii eyetracker in monkeylogic. But i have no idea how to transmit eye signal to monkeylogic.
Could you share your solution?
Thank you!
April 29, 2021 03:01AM
Hi Jaewon, thank you for your updating for monkeylogic.
Are you concerning update for Tobii eyetracker support? Tobii supplier said they would try to contact you.

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.