Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Questions about pupil size and others

Posted by lu 
lu
Questions about pupil size and others
February 16, 2023 02:43AM
Hi Jaewon,

I have two questions about the vs2 version that I would like to ask.

1. my eye tracking device is not connected via TCP/IP, is it impossible to get pupil size data if it is not connected via TCP/IP?
My eye-tracking device has four definable output ports (AI0-AI3), and I can choose which data from eye-tracking device (such as the position of a certain eye and pupil size, etc.) to output from each of these four ports by adjusting the eye-tracking device's settings. In the in/output settings window of monkeylogic, I set the two ports of the eye monitor to match eye_x and eye_y, so that I can get the monkey's eye movement data. However, in the in/output settings window of monkeylogic, I don't find the option eyeextra, and when I match the port of the pupil size with other options (e.g. gen1), I don't get the pupil size data from gen1 either. Now in my .bhv2 file, eyeextra is empty. Is there any solution to this please?

2. when I set the monkey to fix on the target and maintain it for 500ms, it will be judged as error0 and get a reward. I would like to know how the system determines this 500ms, does it start once the monkey's eye position enters the gaze area, or does it start after the monkey's eye position enters the gaze area and stays there for a while? Because when I subtract 500ms from the time point determined to be error0, I find that the monkey's eye position has already reached the target area before this point in time. I am using an eye tracker with a sample rate of 1000. Could you answer this question for me?
Thank you.
Re: Questions about pupil size and others
February 16, 2023 10:04AM
1. Try 'General Input 1' again. You must read it from AnalogData.General.Gen1. AnalogData.EyeExtra is only for TCP/IP.

2. See this post. https://monkeylogic.nimh.nih.gov/board/read.php?3,1515
lu
February 17, 2023 05:40AM
Thank you for your answer, when I use gen1 to match the pupil data output of the eye-tracking device, I do try to find the pupil data in All_data(i).AnalogData.General.Gen1, and although there is data output in gen1, he is not the same as the pupil data I get from saving on the eye-tracking device.
February 17, 2023 08:09AM
Why do you think the voltage output of the eye tracker will be the same as what you save from its software? Does its manual say so?

The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.